Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Important Things to Look for in Your Heating Service Company


Selecting a company to service your heating equipment is an important decision. If you go with one that is inexperienced but cheap, you run the risk of the technician causing permanent damage to your furnace or heat pump. The heating service you choose should offer the following services at a minimum:
  • Routine and emergency repairs: Some heating problems are more urgent than others are. If your heating system is acting erratically but you're still warm, you can probably wait a day or two for services. However, having no heat at all is a different matter, especially in British Columbia. Before you book with a HVAC company for the first time, ask what its policy is for urgent appointments.
  • Preventive maintenance: Regular tune-ups are the best way to ensure that your furnace or heat pump lasts as long as possible. Scheduling an appointment every fall is ideal, but you can do this at any time of year.
  • Sales and installation of new equipment: When your heating equipment eventually does wear out, you need help choosing a new unit. Be sure to choose a HVAC company that is willing to answer your questions about cost, energy efficiency, and more in a straightforward and patient manner. Another thing to look for is a company that carries major brands of HVAC equipment like Lennox and Carrier.
Look for Educated and Experienced HVAC Technicians

Heating and cooling technicians need specialized training and a professional, can-do attitude to have a successful career. When you are considering whom to hire, ask if the company's technicians have completed BCIT training, are government licensed, and have undergone manufacturer's training. These credentials increase the likelihood of outstanding service.

We Are Always Happy to Answer Your Questions

Complete Heating and Air Conditioning Services knows that we have to work hard to earn trust and even harder to keep it. We welcome your questions and would be happy to have your business.

3 comments:

  1. My furnace isn't putting out enough heat to keep my home warm any more. I am not sure if it is a simple filter change, or something much larger that needs fixing, but I need to figure it out soon. I would like to have a warm home to come home to each day rather than the ice box I call home now.
    Cynthia | http://kohlesandbach.com/service/des-moines-furnace-repair-service/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to be able to go and get a service tech during an emergency. My heating will turn off and on multiple times every minute and a service tech won't come out till tomorrow. I am still warm in my house, but I will definitely need someone soon to repair it. http://www.mrheating.com/furnace-air-conditioning-installations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this information. My heater is on the fritz and I don't know how to fix it. I'm not familiar with any of the heating services in the area, so I'm doing a lot of research. I appreciate your advice about asking about training and licensing. It was quite helpful.

    Susan Hirst | http://www.blakesplumbingandheating.net/heating

    ReplyDelete